- From £5,000 to £5 Million
- Repayment periods from 1 month to 60 months
- Easy online application, apply for finance in minutes
- Quick approval (generally agreed within 24 hours of application)
We aim to offer our clients support in gaining business finance through one of our approved lenders, whether it be for a cash injection or simply to alleviate pressure when paying creditors at the quarter end.
We continuously update the lending criteria of our panel, ensuring that we match you with only those who are suitable, therefore saving you time and frustration from day one.
We will work closely with both you and the lenders throughout the whole process, ensuring your application is complete in the quickest of timescales, enabling you to gain access to funds needed to support your business ambitions
General Lending Criteria & Considerations
Each lender will have their own criteria for acceptance and they can vary significantly from each other. Some lenders will only support low risk clients whereas others may take more of a risk, but this is more often than not reflected within the rates charged for the loans. Below you will see some of the considerations and information reviewed when assessing a client’s suitability for loan approval:
- Last filed financial accounts
- Current Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss
- Bank statement review (generally the last three months)
- Payment history (e.g. late payments, County Court Judgements)
- Turnover and profitability
- Trading history
- Confirmation of both VAT & PAYE current position
As stated above there are a number of lenders with different approval criteria, but as a general guide the following are pretty much standard factors that lenders will look for in a business when making their suitability assessment:
- Business to be trading for a minimum of two years
- The business is profitable
- No legal notices or insolvency proceedings
- Defaults must be over two years old and not more than £1,000 in value or a reasonable explanation must be provided
- Be a registered business within the UK
- UK homeowner (minimum of one Director for unsecured loans with asset equity to cover loan value in order to support the personal guarantee)
- The loan amount is less than 25% of the business annual turnover (revenue and turnover will be assessed to confirm affordability to this level)
All of the factors above will be taken into consideration, allowing the lender to make a full assessment with regards to the suitability of your business for lending purposes. The ability to repay the loan is the most important consideration. Although you may feel that the assessment criteria are extensive, our lenders tend to be much more flexible than high street banks.
**Please note Bridging loans & Development Finance loans differ in criteria from general loans. Please see individual information pages for full details.
If your business is approved for lending purposes, the loan will incur an interest rate in line with your business risk profile. The business profile is categorised in three different tiers, high, medium and low risk. The risk calculation will be based on the assessment made by the financier during their application and approval process. You should expect that the higher the risk, the higher the cost of the finance.
The assessment will consider all aspects, such as the loan term, business profitability and length of trading in the current sector. One of the best indicators of what interest rate you’ll pay for a loan is to review your business credit rating. If your credit history is poor then you’re likely to pay higher rates of interest. The stronger the credit rating and a strong financial standing should see your business profile improve, which in hand should see a reduction in the interest rates payable.